Just a heads up- the TLDR version for this is going to be: I’ve been VERY busy.
If you stick to the end, Great! Thank you!
If not and you decide to move on, that is ok too. Thank you for clicking and helping the algorithm !
So, what have I been up to this Summer?
- I took a 2 week trip/ honeymoon around Minnesota and Wisconsin with my Husband.
We went all over Minnesota and Wisconsin and did the low cost things that most people who actually live here seldom take time to go do. Some highlights were Duluth, Splitrock Lighthouse, Itasca State Park, Gooseberry Falls, The International Wolf Center In Ely, Crane Center in Baraboo, and Eagle Center in Wabasha, The House on the Rock, Seeing friends and Family in Lacrosse and Baraboo, and Axe Throwing in The Dells. Also, Pantsless Paul Bunion- Seriously- He has no pants!……. Probably No Chill either…. Or maybe he does?!?
2 I’m Back to In person Teaching and have actively been trying to recruit Students.
If you know anyone interested in Studying Piano, Trombone, Composition or Music Theory, please send them my way!
I’ve also been spending time lesson planning and creating videos for students to play along to.
3) I’ve been working on Lots of Projects:
- This last week, I was finishing the edits on the first incarnation of Painless Parker’s Giant Bucket of Teeth. Now I’m looking for a couple of bands to read through it and receive some feedback before officially releasing it into the world.
- I’m also working on wrapping up the Mill Creek Concerto Edits….Finally!
- Finished Edits for The MnKino Film Score Fest. By the Way , if you are reading this before September 4th, and will be in the St. Paul Minneapolis area, you should come. It’s going to be fun.
- I’ve been working a private editing project….I can’t say much but it has a lot of fun campfire songs in it!
4) I participated in a new to me composition festival
5) I’ve been Composing!
I only have some sketches at this point but with the busy summer wrapping up, I should hopefully have the time to get more things done!
6) I’ve been creating content.
On my Facebook page, I’m posting a memory a week on #ThrowbackThursday and a piece of mine that is connected to it. I’ll also be combining these into a recap at the end of the month on this blog. Let’s see how long this lasts.
I’m also working on being more active on SM to get out there in general.
7) I’ve been in talks to get my music played more.
It looks like I’ll be working with Calypsus Brass a bit more in the future! Stay tuned for details.
8) I’ve been learning new things!
This summer I made it a point to learn a few new things.
At Z fest I learned a bit more about how to use microphones and work with people across the country. I’ve also been making more of a point to stay healthy and in that journey I’ve been learning how to properly lift barbells at the gym and I’m having a blast. Watch out world!
I’m also learning how to program using a music program called Chuck. It’s been interesting 🙂
9) I got to be a Guest Clinician at YOUth Can Compose again!
10) I’m back to playing in some ensembles–YAY!
I also went to a Swing Sisterhood Big Band Rehearsal and that was fun!
If you made it this far, again, Thank you for reading!